Parents who have children who participate in child beauty pageants, do your child enjoy competing in them? for what reasons?

i couldn't find any info online...

jiritanate

Asked by jiritanate at 2:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Entertainment

• Mine doesnt but my cousin's daughter does and she loves it.... a little over a year ago the dad lost his job and they were unable to travel to a pageant and the girl got very upset because she loves it alot....

In fact, she talks about how much she loves it if you ask her about them, she won;t quit talking about it lol...

and because of her being in pageants -- at 11 years old she has won ( and saved) over $30,000 - most of which is in a college fund , she has also won a minuture pony and several other things...
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 2:25 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Oh i forgot to add too.... she has said the main reason she loves it is because she gets to make alot of friends from all over the country ( she has about 4 different penpals from different states right now) ... the money is her #2 lol....

I can aslo imagine when she is older, I think she would like to 'show off" her trophies and such
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 2:27 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• My oldest DD LOVED them when she was smaller -- mostly because she loved to be in front of a crowd and also liked bringing home trophies and making new friends. We had agreed when and if she decided she did not want to do them anymore, then it was up to her. So at the ripe old age of six, with more than 75 trophies, 20 titles, diamond rings, and stocks/bonds under her belt, she quit. She was about 16 when she told me I should've "made-her" continue! lol -- Sometimes you just can't win! I think it's fun in the little kid ages, but gets too catty wit the older girls. I also dont like those flippers and fake hair on little girls -- or spray tans! UGH!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 2:35 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• FOR SHARING, FOTOS and TALK
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 9:25 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• My DD loves them, she loves dressing up and making new friends. She also loves the mini vacation.
    angelgirl0225

Answer by angelgirl0225 at 11:07 PM on Apr. 20, 2011