SAHM don't work

I am not a SAHM....but this pissed me off when I heard it today.

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 2:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'm not one either but you are right! Like I said in another answer I gave...sum it up with 2 things: IGNORANCE AND MEAN PEOPLE SUCK!!!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 2:18 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Yeah that would piss me off too...of course I AM SAHM so.....but it's a full time freaking job...normally the people who say that have never been SAHM and don't know what the hell they are talking about....jmo
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:18 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Eh, people are going to believe what they are going to believe until they are in that situation.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 2:19 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• what's the context? It is completely outrageous to say that SAHMs don't work! They have the hardest and most important job!
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 2:19 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I was a SAHM for years. One time I was asked by a lawyer (long story) if I worked. I said yes I do- then I began listing all that I did- . I'll bet he never asked the question like that again.

Answer by Bmat at 2:19 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Haha I hear it all of the time the sentence usually goes, "... well, since you don't work, I mean, well you know what I mean..." I just shrug it off. I'm happy being SAHM and "not" working and getting less respect than going to work everyday so people think I "work" for a living.

Usually it's just jealous people or people who have never stayed home with children.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 2:20 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I work full time. I find that staying home for a week when my daughter is out of school is harder than work. At work I am used to the schedule. Not at home.
    Shaken1976

Comment by Shaken1976 (original poster) at 2:22 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• So ignorant, they need to get off their high horse
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 2:24 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I'm a SAHM and it annoys me to call it "work". I'm not working, I'm caring for my house and family. Yes I'm busy as heck but I don't consider it "work".
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:25 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Being a Homemaker, with or without children is a full time job.... I wish people would use more common sense and stop using the "I'm more important than you" argument to boost their self esteem.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 2:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2011