Do you know anyone with an impossibly perfect life?

I think if you typed the words "impossibly perfect" into Google and did a image search my sister in laws picture would pop up. I didn't know it was possible for someone to go through their entire life without one single problem, until I met her. Even her birth was amazing. Her parents having had two boys already desperately wanted a girl. Her Grandparents were estatic because before her they had like ten grandsons and not a single granddaughter. She was the golden child growing up and now in her 30's she is still the golden child. She is her parents favorite child, the only one who has never made a single mistake. My in-laws BRAG about her every chance they get. She went to college, married right after, has NEVER had any financial problems, health problems, relationship problems, nothing. When my husband and I got engaged she announced her pregnancy with her first child. When we got out of apartment life and were excited to be in a house (a rental) she called to announce she was a landlord because they had bought another house to rent. The kicker now is I had a very traumatic miscarriage in February. I was already 17 weeks along when I lost my baby. I am still reeling from it. What do you think happened to HER that same month? You guessed it. She called last night to announce she is pregnant with her fourth child and due in November. How can anyone be so stinking perfect all the time? What gives?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• I'm sorry for your loss. I'm pretty certain her life is not as perfect as it may seem.
    Anonymous

• Sorry life isn't working out for you :-(

it's people like yous SIL that I just want to slam with a frying pan for no good reason.. I wouldn't actually do it but the mental image helps
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:29 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• First off sorry for your loss. Nobody's life is perfect. It may look good from where you standing, but I'm sure she is going through some problems behind closed doors. I had a friend that told me I had a perfect marriage, I told her if she only knew......

babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 2:29 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• God I know how hard this must be for you. Please keep the faith, and know, for a fact, there are skeletons somewhere in her life, we all have them. I'm sorry for your loss, but it sounds like you do have a good DH and a home, count those blessings for now.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 2:30 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Ewww...I've learned in 36 years that NO ONE'S life is perfect. Don't let her get you down. We can't compare our lives to others or we'd all be in a constant state of unrest. Those who live a life without trial don't know how strong they aren't compared to those who have climbed lots of mountains in their life. I'm so sorry about your baby. =(
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 2:32 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• sorry about your baby. She prob has problems too but may just be really good at dealing with stress or some people can be really stressed and not even show it either. good luck
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 2:32 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Nope, but I know people that lie so it seems like they have the impossibly perfect life.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:33 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Yes, I know someone like that. They (even unintentionally) make you feel like your life is even bigger shit then it really is. You are not alone. I had the same issue as you at 20 weeks and feeling bad just compounds others happiness. Be strong and live your life the very best you can. The hardships we deal with in life make us appreciate every little happy minute we can get. I bet she doesn't nor realizes how blessed she really is. I wish you all the best too! :)

Anonymous

• THATS the problem...you only hear the GOOD things!!! you don't see how things REALLY are behind closed doors. you never know what she could be doing on the computer or anything else.

when something bad happens, i bet you wont hear about that or there will be people sadden about it but in your mind you will be dancing in happiness.

just be glad she isnt ruining your life. she can try to top it, but thats not ruining it
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:35 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I think you are just going through a rough time right now. Unless she is flaunting her life in your face I see no reason to be upset with her. I would be happy that she is having a good life. Jealousy is and evil evil emotion!!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 2:38 PM on Apr. 20, 2011