Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone live in california? I keep trying to call there Unemployment offices and they wont answer my questions

we are moving to a certain city in cali and every time i have called they tell me i need to come in to apply for unemployment. they wont even answer my questions. I wanted to know how much a E-4 will get paid if they applied for it. Here where i live at the moment i can call, they are nice, they answer all your questions and even tell me how much my DH will get paid per week if he chooses to get unemployment right out of the army. At the moment we are in WA STATE. I was told WA state is the highest paying unemployment. My mom tried asking when she went into the office but where she lives is not near close to sacramento and i was told its different then other cities and counties. Anyone know?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Money & Work

Answers (8)
  • Ask to speak to their supervisor. Be persisitent.

    Answer by meooma at 2:33 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

  • I live in Cali and the only way I was able to contact unemployment (and get a person) was to go down to the actual office. Good luck with this - you'll need it.

    Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:35 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

  • Getting help over the phone is pretty much useless. You have to walk in, and be prepared to wait for a LONG time for help. Even with an appointment.

    Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 2:41 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

  • every time i call it says please wait on the line for a rep and it keeps talking about how if i dont make a selection its going to disconect me. wtf dude

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:56 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

  • cant go in person. Like i stated i live in wa state

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:57 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

  • Write a letter. Good luck though, I'm a Cali native and that state is having hard times. I think there's only maybe a handful of Unemployment offices left now.

    Answer by BingsMommy at 9:04 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

  • That dose not sound right? May be you should call the Better Business Bur rue there or Contact the  attorney Generals Office in California and see what they suggest. In that city you could also call the Chamber of commerce. for advice.


    Answer by Glo402813 at 11:25 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

  • Try going on line. Right now spring break is in effect

    Answer by sweet11-12 at 12:06 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.