Do you believe that...

Children are your medicine?

When times are rough no matter what your child can put a smile on your face?

There's days I feel like "oh my, how are we going to get through this issue?" and Mason my 3 years old will do the silliest thing and I'm not so stressed anymore

Jersey_class

Asked by Jersey_class at 2:36 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• most times I feel like that.. sometimes I feel bad when he does do something adorable and I'm too upset to respond nicely or see it as adorable as it is..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:37 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• american footballYES YES YES

Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 2:38 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Very much so... they have taught me so much and can always bring a smile to my face lol
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 2:39 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• aww, yeah..I feel like they are my sntidepressant at times...they can turn tears into rainbows and headaches into sunshine. :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:39 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Whenever I'm having a bad day, I sit and give one of my kids a hug and just enjoy them for a moment. Even when they're acting up, and I'm frustrated. My kids don't usually act up unless something is wrong, so I sit and give them a hug and cuddle and tell them I love them. I could have a job and DH and I could be rolling in dough, but we chose to have these 2 beautiful kids and we're so blessed by them. Remembering what is important makes everything bad small in comparison.
    lovepotato

Answer by lovepotato at 2:54 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Last night at 12:30 am I am laying in bed with a toddler and dog who are both terrified of the thunder outside. All I wanted to do was get in bed, watch a little tv, and doze off and instead I am trying to get dd back to sleep but I have to leave the tv on to calm the dog. Anyway, I put the tv on public access figuring that's the most boring channel so dd won't watch and what do they show right away? An add for the animal control officer featuring pictures of skunks, racoons, etc. DD immediately calls out "Look, Mommy, a skunk. PEEE-YEEEEW!" and I just busted out laughing. I realized I needed to chill out a little and appreciate the moment, it's not often these days I get to snuggle up with dd in bed and it won't last forever so I should enjoy it, even if I wish she was asleep in her crib and I was unwinding with late night tv.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:00 PM on Apr. 20, 2011