Do you always have to get a D&C after a miscarriage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• No. But it requires an examine at teh Dr. to determine whether or not one is neeed.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:22 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• No, usually D&C's aren't required until after 12 weeks. Then I believe it's 19 weeks you have to deliver, not sure exactly.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 5:46 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• You don't always have too. I didn't but I was only maybe 3 weeks along. oliviasmomma09 has the best answer for you. I would see a doctor though to double check. It would be better to go see the doc and be told its all ok than for something bad to happen.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 5:49 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• No.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• No, you do not necessarily need to have one, although you will usually be put on an antibiotic. As much as it doesn't feel like a "natural" process...your body knows how to handle it.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:28 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• no, it all depends on how your body expels the fetus/embryo and how many weeks you are.
    Cowbell88

Answer by Cowbell88 at 6:45 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Totally varies fro woman to woman and the development of the preganancy. PLEASE at least call a doctor if you don't go in to be examined. I had a miscarriage I failed to see a doctor about and I'm regreting it to this day because of the problems it's contributing to now.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 3:03 PM on Dec. 4, 2008