Mustard on EVERYTHING

Not sure which category to put this, so I flipped a coin and Food won. 

Have you ever had anyone in your family that smothers their food with mustard? If so, does it hurt your feelings to know that you have just spent time and energy adding flavor to food? 

A little childish, I know, but I'm starting to feel like my cooking sucks because of this issue and I have given up being creative with meals. 

SpiritedWitch

Asked by SpiritedWitch at 2:38 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I think you just gave me a new diet idea,,, I HATE mustard! I think your right,, I mean if you spend all the time to cook it,,, I think someone should try and taste it,, or I guess make hot dogs and burgers everynight,, icckkk,,,mustard,, LOL
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:41 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Not mustard, but some people have done that with ketchup & it annoys me. lol
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 2:42 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Not mustard. BUT, my son smothers with Hot Sauce or Buffalo Sauce. I know some Ketchup smotherers too.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:42 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Not mustard but ketchup. My son uses Ranch dressing.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:58 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• My husband has always said that if he doesnt like something he adds ketchup, unless it's something that is normal with ketchup like a hot dog or hamburger. So I know if he adds ketchup, he doesnt like it.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:16 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I have never thought of it like that. I just love the taste of ketchup and mustard on things like hot dogs and hamburgers. so i do smother mine but that is the only way i like it. I don't mean to offend anyone
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 4:41 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I hate mustard
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 10:57 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• What drives me crazy is that they (it's my MIL and SIL) will tell me supper/lunch was really good and I'm like how the hell did you even taste what I made with all that mustard? They have their own special bowls now because they are stained yellow!!

I mean, if you don't like how something tastes ... TELL ME! You know? *sigh* Be honest with me, I'm not fragile. I can take it. Trust me. My hubby has no problem telling me he doesn't like something I've made.

I don't say anything to my MIL because she is 73, in very bad health and many times it is a challenge just to get her to eat.
    SpiritedWitch

Comment by SpiritedWitch (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I'd take it as an indication of their lack of maturity... and their unsophisticated palate
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 4:49 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• and their unsophisticated palate [adnilm]

Well, now that they do have. However, I really don't expect that to change at their ages (MIL is 73, SIL is 55). I did get my SIL to at least try a California Roll (sushi). She had to admit that it wasn't bad and that all sushi isn't just raw fish. 

I don't whine often and I know this is basically a whine ... but it just irritates me. 

SpiritedWitch

Comment by SpiritedWitch (original poster) at 4:58 PM on Apr. 20, 2011