How does this add up?

I use Twitter and Facebook to network for my career as a makeup artist so I come across many many diff. people from many walks of life.

I don't pass judgement, BUT I do question "How does that make sence?"

Some people on my Internet Social Sites are on Gov. Assistant, and Have a Blackberry, iTOUCH, Laptops but yet can't feed their children?

How does that make ANY sence?

I won't knock people on assistance I used WIC til I got on my feet; but I can't understand how People are so broke yet have fancy things then I do?

Jersey_class

Asked by Jersey_class at 2:41 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Their priorities are screwed up
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 2:43 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Wasteful spending.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 2:44 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Hell. I have a good job and just recently got a BlackBerry. Before that I had a dumb phone. I just recently also bought an XBox. I prefer to spend my money on other things...like making sure that if the military collapses and I don't have a job my kid would have food in her belly.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 2:48 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Really? I am on Foodstamps and Medicaid, yet I have a laptop, car, phone, etc. I also go to school fulltime and work PT (or I was until I was fired due to work restrictions from an injury). I do NOT have my priorites messed up nor do I spend wastefully. Before you judge someone else you should know their situation. I bust my butt to support my son because his father has decided he doesn't have to. Having food stamps, helps me to be able to budget for other things including internet so I can get a degree and get off of assistance. Before you all act high and mighty and perfect, LOOK AT YOUR OWN LIVES. When you can say you are perfect, then feel free to judge, until then MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS and STOP ASSUMING about other people's lives.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:48 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Tyfry7496 I think you're taking wrong; I mean the people that take the money they get for assisatnts and spend it on gadgets and what not before they think of their children.
    Jersey_class

Comment by Jersey_class (original poster) at 2:51 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Then you should probably state it that way. You are going to piss a lot of hardworking parents off.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:51 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I think it was pretty clear in the question :

Anyway good luck with your degree; I got a scholorship too I'm going back to be a Psych major
    Jersey_class

Comment by Jersey_class (original poster) at 2:54 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• TYFRY, the OP did say those who can't afford to feed their kids but have theseluxuries so nobody is referring to you or your situation. Good luck in school :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:04 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I agree with the original poster. I'm sick to death of people getting free day care, food stamps, rent assistance, etc., etc., which I AM PAYING FOR!!! and yet they can afford $50 to get their nails done, drive an Escalade, have a Blackberry and an ipad and a big screen TV, etc. Totally screwed up system!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 7:48 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• How do you know that they may have been given the I phones and Computer toys they carry with them, could have been given to them as a gift.

Glo402813

Answer by Glo402813 at 11:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2011