S/o of question about loving your child if they murdered....

In light of the recent serial killer story, this is my question: Just about every mother posted she would love her child unconditionally, would you feel the same about your child if he were a serial killer such as Ted Bundy or one of the sorts? I can't imagine what it must feel like to be one of their mothers and wonder what another mom thinks about this.  (I don't know where to post this.)

amazinggrace83

Asked by amazinggrace83 at 2:45 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• My love would stay intact but my disappointment would be eternal.

Answer by older at 2:57 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• All people are redeemable, including your own kids.
    God loves you when you do wrong, so I guess that's my answer.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:46 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I sure wouldn't look at them *the same*, but I don't think a mother's love dies.
    mrsvixen

Answer by mrsvixen at 2:47 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I think this is just one of those things that you truly will never know unless you are put in that situation. But, at this time, I can say that I really do believe that I would still love my DD if she went on a killing spree. I guess it's one of those things where I go back to "I love you, but I don't like what you did."
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 2:47 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I will ALWAYS love the children God blessed me with, but I would be horrified by the crime. You can love the person without loving their acts/deeds.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 2:48 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Of course I would still love my child. I don't have to support what he did, but I would still love him. It's about loving the sinner not the sin.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:50 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I think I would be in serious denial that my kid could do something like that. So yes.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 2:46 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• That's hard, I don't know. I think I would love the person they used to be and I would always think about where I went wrong as a parent. I don't think anyone can answer this question without having been in that situation.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 2:47 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I saw a question about this the other day,, and actually we have the step dad of jeffery dahmer who owns a car dealership in my town,, he viisited his son in prison,, and you would have to think that a person who does this is sick,, I think you will always love your child, but I think that it would be disappointing? (for lack of a better word) I think that the only way I could not visit or perhaps stop loving my child is if they killed my grandbaby--like Casey Anthony,, that being said I would let them take any punishment the law deemed fit for them,, but I just can't imagine switching off LOVE,, lets hope none of us ever have to go through that!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:51 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I'd be heartbroken, disappointed, angry and probably in denial too, but I'd still love him. I will never stop loving him.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:51 PM on Apr. 20, 2011