Should this be allowed?????

Zsa Zsa Gabor , 94 years old, is trying to have a baby. Adding it may through artificial insemination or egg donation. Chances are very high she could die before even having it. My question is should there be an age limit for these things? Opinions appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• There is no law requiring a doctor go through with it. And if I was the doctor I'd refuse. No one is guaranteed a long life, but at 94 even under the best of circumstances this woman isn't going to live to see her child become a teen.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 3:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• No, it should not be allowed. that is purely selfish. the child will never remember their mother if she can carry long enough.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 3:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I don't know....You get into a tricky spot if we start putting age limits on it. Although, as women, our bodies put an age limit on how long we can have babies. Maybe there should be for surrogacy, etc. too. I just don't know....
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 3:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• what the heck, no woman should do that
    minki111

Answer by minki111 at 3:05 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

minki111

• She personally is not giving birth, she is using a surrogate! LOL!
    Anonymous

• Where did this come from?? I have a hard time believing this is true,, last time I heard she was in a coma,,
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:07 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Why would a doctor even agree to do that? At that age even if you're in good health it's a huge risk to put your body through the strain of pregnancy and child birth but like almost everything else money can get you just about anything. If I was in my 90's and had billions of dollars and wanted another baby I'd just hire a surrogate - though I don't think I'd ever be insane enough to think I could handle a newborn at that age.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 3:07 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Once your body reaches the natural shut off and no longer produces eggs due to age (between your 40's and 60's), it's time to stop having children. 94 is WAY past that. the oldest living person is 114, I can't see having a child THAT late in life improving your health and making you live longer.. more like increasing the chance that you die sooner and take an innocent life with you
    Anonymous

• wait, she is 94 and still has eggs to give to a surrogate? isn't that what is called adoption? there is NO way her eggs still work!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 3:09 PM on Apr. 20, 2011