Miscarage

my brother and sil were pregnant. i just found out she lost it. im sad, i know they are too but i dont really know wat to say to show them im here for them but not really talk about it. what would you say?

minki111

Asked by minki111 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Just give her a hug and say if you need me I'm here and leave it be. If she wants to talk about it she will come to you.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 3:13 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Having gone through this more than once I can tell you just BE there for her, don't say anything like everything happens for a reason, or if you have a new baby take it over there for a bit,, call her up and ask her to go shopping or out to lunch, tell her she can say anything to you or share with you anything she wants,, be a good SIL and pray for her!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:13 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• She may not be ready to talk about it yet so just let her know that you care, your sorry for her loss and that she can talk to anytime when she is ready. PS don't forget the man/your brother it is too easy to focus on the woman and forget that the man has experienced a loss too.
    I know for myself I still want to talk about it long after everyone was tired of hearing it. Probably cuz by then I was not so emotional about it but still trying to work thru it.
    I am so sorry for your loss, your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 3:16 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• These ladies are right . Just be there for her. I had 2 miscarriages & my first everyone said "its for the best or your better off". Made me mad so ... Just be there if she needs to talk.
    pinkflowerpetal

Answer by pinkflowerpetal at 4:04 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• thank you ladies
    minki111

Comment by minki111 (original poster) at 4:25 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Let them know you are there for them and you really care, I think that is the best.
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 5:49 PM on Apr. 20, 2011