How to have a Frugal Easter?

I'm on a extreamly low income. I don't even have lots of money to buy those Easter gift baskets for my children. I want to celebrate easter with my kids and hubby. I don't wanna get my children chocolate because they are still so young for it. Their 2 and 4 yrs old. Some ideas I thought were to food color some eggs and maybe make easter decorations to put up. But I would like to get them some gifts too. Any ideas?

ChildGoddess

Asked by ChildGoddess at 3:10 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Holidays

• Just stick with dollar store stuff. A book, a thing of side walk chalk, a Easter themed cup, some bubbles... It doesn't have to be much. Easter isn't a big gift giving holiday. A few things to represent Spring just for fun is all you need.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Try a thrift store for the basket and some books to put in. Try Target's dollar section or either CVS or Walgreens for toys. I got some really cute spring decorations from the dollar store a couple weeks ago for my daughter's birthday party.
    lovepotato

Answer by lovepotato at 3:33 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I'd just go with bubbles, decorate eggs, and decorate some cupcakes. The kids won't know the difference and will love whatever you do and whatever you get them.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 3:41 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• My first thought was Thrift Store. They have some really cute stuff that is really cheap. I have bought my mom and mother in law some cute little plaques from the Thrift Store. Dollare stores have some cute cheap things too.
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 10:10 PM on Apr. 20, 2011