1 Corinthians 15: 51-52

51.Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed--
52.in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

Does this mean that if we die, we remain asleep until the last trumpet before we are with Christ? I just need some clarification.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• It says we will not sleep. That means we will not just be laying there when we die. I do think at the end all souls are judged at the same time though. Its all a matter of interpretation and some people get different things when they read the Bible. That is why there are so many different factions of religions that use the Bible but have a different spin. I took a religions of the world class and learned almost every religion is centered on the same principle, they just take different stand points. Anything biblical is really in the eye of the beholder because God speaks to each person differently.

Answer by gemgem at 5:37 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• i know my moms told me that when christ comes back... the dead will be risen first then we will on earth will follow. =)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 5:39 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• We don't stay asleep when we die. We DO change form. We shed our "physical" body and take on our spiritual body.

We ARE "dead" in life and are "alive" on The Other Side.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 5:57 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• YES..
    Anonymous

• Anon: your simple "yes" answer does me no good. I need an explanation as to why you feel that way? Can it be backed up?
    Anonymous

• NO, to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 6:27 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I feel that its a literal intrepretation. I know there are some religions(Islam) that believe that we will literally be laying there until God calls us back up to heaven to be judged when the universes are demolished. I believe the same.
    Anonymous

• Yes. The back up:
    Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6; Ecclesiastes 12:7; James 2:26; Acts 2:29, 34; Job 17:13; Psalm 115:17; Job 14:12, 21; Psalm 146:4; 1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17)

Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:48 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• The first lie was concerning the state of the dead: Genesis 3:4 "And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die"
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:51 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• John 6:39-40; Daniel 12:1-2
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 8:07 PM on Dec. 2, 2008