Do you have a support team (family, friends) to help you raise your children?

Alexias30

Asked by Alexias30 at 3:11 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• When my son was colic and miserable the first 18 months of his life ( the first 6 months were the worst! ) my Mom was amazing, my MIL came down once a week and my DH was as hands on as he could possibly be.. I don't think we would all be here without my mom the most.. she came over every day and really got us through some tough times..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:12 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• no
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 3:11 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I had the best, my mom and dad would take my girls almost every weekend, and were there for anything else I needed during the week.

Answer by older at 3:16 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• just my husband
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 3:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• my extended family is 100 miles away, but my mom will help when she can.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 3:19 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Nope our closest family is 16 hours away and we just moved to a new area where we know no one but we are 17 hours closer to family.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:23 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I don't have anyone.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 3:24 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I am a single mom and have MINIMAL help -- as in only if it's an emergency!
    But I also get ALL the love so I'm fine with it!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 3:27 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Yes, we are truly blessed. My inlaws (who are great) live 2 miles away and help out all the time. My parents and two sisters live 20 min away and they help too. My sisters have kids too so were constanly swapping LOL
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 4:04 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• No. It's just me, hubby and the kids. We do everything on our own. We did sort of have my dad for awhile. We lived with him and in the last few years he helped us out. He paid their school tuition and was a bit of a help when I was pregnant, keeping the kids out of my hair on days I was feeling like crap. But there was never much emotional support. He constantly chewed me out because the house wasn't up to his standards and he didn't like the rules we had for the kids
    Now we live 2000+ miles from our family. The only people out here are my husband's one cousin that I've never met and my brother who we haven't seen since we got here 8 months ago (he lives an hour away, the cousin lives like 20 minutes away).
    I appreciate all my dad did for us while we lived with him but it would have been nice if he hadn't made me feel like crap the whole time he helped us.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:56 PM on Apr. 20, 2011