Super clingy toddler.....

He is almost 2 and won't sleep when I'm around unless he is on my lap. He constantly has to be near me. I work nights and his dad watches him, I'm pretty positive his dad doesn't abuse him. He did witness his dad abusing me though. Do you think that is why? He is a good dad just was a horrible boyfriend. I have a protection order against his father, but I'm really getting worried about him. Should I not allow his father to watch him? Is he old enough for counseling? Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You are his rock. He is scared you won't be there. He needs counseling and you and dad need it as well.

Yeah...not a good situation at all. And if dad hit you, he could very well hit grandma or son.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:41 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• It's good the grandmother is there to supervise. That makes it better. I have a 16mo who runs to me when I pick him up and doesn't want me to let him go till dad gets home then I'm ditched the rest of the night. Kids just cling at this age.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 3:44 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• You seriously have too much drama going on to even figure out if your child is reacting normally or not. That's dumb as hell to leave a child in the care of someone whom you have a protection order against. Are you really that stupid?
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 3:27 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• So sad.. I'm sorry... *bump*
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:28 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• he is with his grandmother also so I know she wouldn't allow any abuse
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:29 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• It's in the order that he gets him when I work
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:31 PM on Apr. 20, 2011