Do ya think the weight/height charts are accurate?

If you are 5'6 how much do ya think your weight should be & calorie intake?

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 3:42 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't. Bone density has a lot to do with it & they don't always take that into consideration. I have very thick bone density, even though i am small framed. Which means, my bones are dense & heavier than someone who has more frail bones.

So, since i have thick bone density (and big boobs) i weigh a little more than someone my size (5'2"). I am 135 & my Dr. says for my bone density & frame size, that it is in the healthy range.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:00 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• It depends on your frame size...so no I don't think that the charts are accurate unless it takes the frame size into consideration...not every person who is 5'6 is going to look good at 120-130..... as for calorie intake it also depends on how active you are, any medical problems, taking any medications....it is best to talk to your doctor.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 3:45 PM on Apr. 20, 2011