Bill Cosby was right

All children have brain damage! Helping with homework and he has to measure things using handspans. So I show him how to measure it and what he supposed to measure (across his bed using two hands so he can save his place and measure more accurately). I tell him to do it just the same way I showed him, right there on the edge of the bed across the footboard. He measures with one hand lazily, across the length. Okay so I tell him to go and wash his hands and face after his snack and remind him to please not dance around in the bathroom. Five minutes later he is smack on the floor because he was spinning around in his socks, but has yet to even turn on the water. He does great most of the time, but every so often, I think the child just leaves his brain somewhere and forgets it! Tell me I am not the only one?

Mom1Stepmom1

Asked by Mom1Stepmom1 at 5:34 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Just for Fun

• No, truly they don't find their brains until they have children of their own.. then the little light bulb goes on and they say, "OMG my mom was right"!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 7:17 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• LOL! My son is the same way. I constantly tell him not to run in the house, and what happens? He runs and you hear the LOUD smack of his little body wiping out on the tile floor. Then the scream! LOL! Makes you wonder!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 5:43 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• bouncing

mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 6:17 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I was told by a professor that tought pre ed that when you tell a child "dont run in the house" or whatever they do not here the dont they just here "run in the house" so I try to rephrase which is difficult sometimes
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 6:41 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• lol at perksmom's theory! it makes sense though, and I think that just about describes my entire childhood! lol i had to try it every other way except what i was told lol
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 7:07 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I agree with the PP that brought up kids and their selective hearing. It is almost like you're tipping them off to whatever will irritate you and they take it as a directive. Whether it's "don't run in the house" and they only hear to "run in the house" or my example right now of "I'll make popcorn in a little bit"...she heard "I'll make popcorn" and I'm getting harassing comments! lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:45 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• We have funny face contests for one minute if they can't focus. Take a deep breath and back on track. Works with a charm for my brain damaged kids :)
    sadfairytale

Answer by sadfairytale at 10:46 PM on Dec. 2, 2008