When did you start potty training and what are some helpful tips for boys?

I'm currently trying to potty train my 2 yr old son he keeps taking off his diaper and throwing it away so I figured it was a great time to start but he still will just stand in the middle of walking pee and then go back to what he was doing he uses the potty sometimes but idk I just need some helpful tips I guess.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When he was 2 1/2. Just started putting him in pull ups and when he was ready made a game to race tot he potty. He had fun and it went okay after that.
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 4:01 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I started at 1. I think the earlier you start the better.I bought my son a cute lil potty that he liked and picked out .I also let him take it in the play room and use it as he felt.I suggest pants that he can easily get off and on.I would watch how much you give him to drink while you train him.If the dad is in the picture I would let him go with him to the bathroom with dad so it is easier for the kid to understand.Hope you have good luck and hope this is helpful!
    Brandy928

Answer by Brandy928 at 4:03 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• get him fun undies... i started potty training my son at 2 also and now he has the hang out of doing it all himself... i'm very proud but you need to have patients lots of it... try taking to the potty every 15 to 30 minutes to start until he tells you that he has to go on his own... but ask him non stop "do you have to use the potty?" sometimes they have relapse moments and it can be frustrating but just know it will get better. you can also have him go potty with his favorite toy too.

Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 4:04 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• http://themominformed.blogspot.com/2011/04/potty-learning-mom-informed-style.html This is exactly what I did. When he was 2.5, he showed all the readiness signs, it took 4 days. 

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:08 PM on Apr. 20, 2011