Mylar balloon

Does anyone know if you can fill your own, if you don't need to make it float? I mean with a straw or something? I have to pick up my son's birthday cake the day before his birthday when I am on lunch. I do not know how else I can get him a mylar balloon.

wenona_mandy

Asked by wenona_mandy at 4:07 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Just for Fun

• So you don't want it to float?? I guess you could try. Although they are very thing and the holes rip easily, so you'd have to be super careful when insterting the straw....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:09 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Thin^
    BabyBugsmama

• Mylar Balloons last inflated for many days. You should be fine. The latex ones poop out overnight.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:11 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• My problem is that I would have no where to hide it for a day or so. That is why I can't get it filled somewhere. I will not have enough time the day before to get a balloon filled and get the cake at another store in 60 minutes time.
    wenona_mandy

Comment by wenona_mandy (original poster) at 4:13 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Maybe make him or buy him a sign that says happy birthday instead. It could folded up and put somewhere.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 4:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Liamsmom09: He is turning 4 years old and is extremely excited about the thought of balloons.
    wenona_mandy

Comment by wenona_mandy (original poster) at 4:16 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Can you hide it in the trunk of your car or a closet? How about a neighbors house?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:20 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• i haven't heard of those forever good luck
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 5:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I don't know your budget, but party stores, and even some department stores, carry mini helium tanks with 50+ assorted balloons.  They're not that big and could be easily hidden in a closet.

BryzniFaye

Answer by BryzniFaye at 8:19 PM on Apr. 20, 2011