My son is peeing odd places.

He is 7 and has recently, with in the last 5 months or so, started peeing outside. I have also caught him peeing in the drain in the garage, in the shower, in a cup in his room, in a zip-loc bag in the back of the van(I would have stopped he just decided to) and once I even caught him about to pee in the dirty clothes pile in the laundry room. WE have ruled out UTI. the doctor talked to him and said boys will be boys just stay on top of him. I have. He cleans up his messes. I have told him to NEVER pee anywhere but a toilet. It is nasty and disgusting to pee other places. My DH says I should give into some of the places(the shower, the drain in the garage and outside) and he will stop the others but I don't want to. I want him to pee in a toilet. Period.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• It's is a boy thing, your doctor is right. I would let him pee in the shower. It's getting washed down anyways. For him it's fun that's why he is doing it.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 4:13 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• 7 is PLENTY old enough to understand and FOLLOW rules. Seek a professional child psychiatrist . Your son has a mental problem if he still is sneaking off to pee in weird places.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• It's not a metal problem. He thinks he is funny. I will yell at him and he will laugh and make up some stupid sounding excuse for why he 'had' to. His doctor even said it is normal for some boys and it will pass. I just want it to pass, like, now.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• lol! Its a fascination with the workings of his penis. My son has done this as well. Just wait until he sees what ELSE it can do!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• This is NOT a boys will be boys issue!! I've raised 3 boys - 2 into adult years and 1 is starting his teen years - and NO ONE PEED IN WEIRD PLACES! In fact, they only peed outside while on camp out with Boy Scouts; never at home. As for in the tub while showering - goes in the same place as flushing the toilet.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:20 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• It's not a mental problem! I garuntee every single man out there still pees outside or in the shower. And they do it because they can. Little boys think it is funny. My DS plays with his penius all the time. When I ask him what he is doing he just laughs. He's peed in the corner in the bathroom too. All he did then was laugh and he's only 23 months.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 4:21 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• 23 months and 7 years is a big difference. And yes, while peeing in the shower or outside is normal, peeing in a clothes pile is not in any way shape or form, normal. I've had 4 boys (granted, only three are potty trained as my LO is 23 months old and not quite there yet) and I have not had a single one pee someplace 'odd'. (except when they were half asleep, in the middle of the night and they thought they were honestly in the bathroom)
    I see this as a sign of acting out for some reason. A medical doctor is NOT a child psychologist and a child psychologist may have a better idea of why this is happening.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 4:28 PM on Apr. 20, 2011