Disipline

I have a 3 yr old and a 18month old. Both boys. They do not take me serious. I have tried time out spanking talking EVERYTHING and nothing is working! Please help!

sailorwifey2909

Asked by sailorwifey2909 at 4:18 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• Consistancy is key! Unfortunately, you cant expect the same behaviors from an 18 mos old, as you can the 3 y/o. Having raised 2 boys that are 1 1/2 yrs apart, I can sympathize w/ your situation. There are days I dont know how I raised them & went to school full time. I had a great support system- so that saved my sanity! Give them 1 warning, then a time out. You could have the 3 y/o help you make a rules & consequences chart. Then he will know ahead of time what he stands to lose if he does a certain behavior. GL mama!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:23 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Thanks. Well my 3yr old when we try to talk to him he just ignores us nd wont respond or anything. he doesnt care he will stand in the corner for ever nd get out nd turn around nd do the same exact thing!! My 18 month do not let his age fool you he is smart as a whip he talks almost as good as my 3 yr old nd he completely understands what we tell nd ask of him. He doesnt like to listen he thinks he can do WHATEVER he wants. time out doesnt work either. i just dont know what to do anymore
    sailorwifey2909

Comment by sailorwifey2909 (original poster) at 4:29 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• What is it that they need discipline for? Have you tried redirecting them from what you don't want them to do to something else?
    GlamFangirl_48

Answer by GlamFangirl_48 at 4:45 PM on Apr. 20, 2011