Stories about how you found out you were pregnant?

HPT, bloosld tests, surprises, suspicions, I want the details lol

tcook90

Asked by tcook90 at 4:20 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• thought i had the flu, so i wnt to the er and of course thy took blood and everything.. the nurse came back in and said Mrs McCormick, did u kno that ur pregnant and i said no.. went and bought 3 pregnancy tests took thm all, and of course thy came out positive.. told my boyfriend who happened to be away for 2 weeks doin Army stuff, and he was like really? so i took pics of all 3 tests sent it to him and his response was, i cant read these lmao.. but we are very excited and find out on monday wht we are having..
    Daph2387

Answer by Daph2387 at 4:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• First pregnancy i found out with a home pregnancy test i was 2 months late on my period i thought it was from stress or it was just super late lol but nope i finally decided to take a test i told my husband to buy a test cus at the time he was working at HEB so he bought it and i took it right when he got home and the second line was super dark so i made a appointment with a ob and i was 8 weeks pregnant :-) and with baby # 2 that im currently pregnant with i just knew i was pregnant before i even missed my period so i told my husband to go buy the first response test so i can take it now cus i couldnt wait lol and i took it and got a faint positive and 2 days after i missed my period i took another one and the line was darker so i made a appointment with a ob and i was 4 weeks :-)
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 4:30 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I was a couple weeks late on my . lol and my boobs hurt so bad, my skin was breaking out like crazy, I was SO tired and moody. I took a test and it said pos and I was shocked. I called the Dr went in got a blood test and ultra sound and I was 6 weeks. So yeah I'm pregnant now lol. Im 7 weeks and counting...
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 5:36 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• We had been on the "Let's not take BC and see what happens" route for about a year. So we would just have fun and not think about it. Well one time we had to drive 4 hours to his folks for the weekend I had to keep stopping to pee (which usually I don't and can hold it until I get there). So I thought I was getting a UTI. The following Wednesday at work I started feeling really crappy. The office was 61 degrees and I was suh-weaty so I went home early. I told my SO that I was going to the store to pick up some flu stuff. While I was there I had the thought "It's almost time for my period...maybe while I'm here I should get a test." I stood in line thinking how I was just wasting $14 on a test that I was sure was going to be negative.

Went home, peed on the stick, set it on the floor next to me while I read the little book of info they give you while I was waiting. First and second glance- no result. Third glance- PREGNANT!
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 5:57 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• ok so first off this is my second pregnancy...it was about a month and a half until my wedding day and i was feeling tired and very nausea and just completely overwhelmed! Anyways my soon to be husband kept telling me take a test so i finally did and it came up negative so i thought i was in the clear to go to my bachelorette party and have a great time and just unwind and that i am just stressing over this wedding to much. So that next Monday my soon to be hubby and I went to babies rus to get our 2 and a half year old diapers and as soon as i walked in the store i said" yuck it smells like nasty b.o in hear!" That night before i went tanning my soon to be hubby said pick up a test on ur way back so i did not thinking he was right. when i got home i took it and there it was a positive result! so in the end we got to annouce our good news at our wedding reception on December 31!
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 6:34 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Got off birth control pills in November ~ #1 Daughter - I was 2 days late in January; took a pregnancy test at work, it was positive. Called the docs office and went in for an "official" test and I was "officially" pregnant and absolutely thrilled....couldn't wait to get home to tell the hubs - no cell phones in 1989. #2 Daughter - Had been trying for several months and had about decided to be happy with our only daughter, thought we'd try one more month. I was 1 day late, got up at 5 am to take a pregnancy test - so thrilled and excited! Ran back to the bedroom squealing, crying, ect. Very much fun telling 7 year old she was going to be a big sister. #3 Daughter - our surprise package. I was on b/c pills, not taking any antibiotics, 38 years old.......no period at the end of the b/c pill cycle. Just to be cautious, I thought I'd take a preg test before I started another month of pills. SURPRISE!!!! :D
    etown2reds

Answer by etown2reds at 6:46 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• With my first, I was 4 months preggo before I found out.. started gaining weight and felt like I had butterflies in my stomach.. and not the nervous kind! lol Took a test and there it was. Positive before I could wash my hands.. With the second, I was sick on and off all day for like 2 weeks and ended up taking a test..
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 8:05 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• First one, I was 9 weeks when I found out, my mom said, "your pregnant" I took a test and sure enough I was. This the one I am pregnant with now, we had been trying for a couple months and I took a test the day before my period was due.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 10:06 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Thanks guys I love hearng your stories!
    tcook90

Comment by tcook90 (original poster) at 10:19 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• i just knew. with my first dd i was about 3 weeks when we found out. i went to eat eggs and orange juice one morning and puked it up. went and got the test and yup i was pregnant. with my son i was maybe a month along and just kinda knew. with our second dd i was about 2 weeks along and again just knew, my body reacts very quickly to pregnancy and not in a good way. i get extremely weak and dehydrate very easily.
    raven1114

Answer by raven1114 at 5:41 AM on Apr. 22, 2011