Husband views pornography quite a bit..normal?

I feel like my husband watches porn tooo much! I know guys look at porn. I totally get that. He is probably viewing 4-5 days a week. our sex life is lacking big time, and my self esteem is suffering. Are there any other women going through this? i could use some moral support and/or suggestions. THANKS LADIES :)

EvansMama41907

Asked by EvansMama41907 at 5:42 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• i caught my hubby looking at it once and i told him he was a scum bag and disgusts me... i want him to look at me and only me. he apologized and toldme he didn't realize it bothered me and hasn't looked at it since.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 5:44 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• My ex used to. Turns out he had a problem and a disorder. He got addicted to porn and then started sleeping with prostitutes and people he met online. I dont know what triggers something that significant but I do know looking at some porn is normal. It sounds like he might have a problem though. Maybe you can do some sort of intervention and confront him on this.
    Anonymous

• my hubby looks at porn on the computer all the time, i feel like its another way of cheating since he believes in being faithful, he might as well look at porn and wish i was like them or something (sigh), whatever!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 5:47 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• That is way to much..in my home, there is none viewed unless i'm there with him so that it helps "US" spice up our sex life..If he doesn't stop or cut back to a decent amount..do what i do to get what you want..withhold sex!
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 5:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I think you'll get a million different answers because "normal" is a very relative term! If it bothers you (and it would bother me) ask him to stop. He should be willing to stop if he knows it upsets you. I went through this with my husband. I don't think it's right for him to look at pornography, but he thinks all guys do it. I know that many men do, but not all men, and I want my husband to be one of those men who does not! I'm a christian, so I have my beliefs about things like that and he is my husband, so he seems to be respecting my wishes. It doesn't feel good to know your husband is looking at other women in that way. I know men look at sex a bit differently than women, but the bottom line is that he is your husband and if it upsets you and makes you feel bad about yourself, then he should be willing and able to quit. If not, he may have a problem. Some men have addictions to porn. Good luck!
    winkie_pinkie

Answer by winkie_pinkie at 5:53 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• i agree with- winkie_pinkie.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 6:02 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Porn is just the socially acceptable way for men to cheat. My husband knows that i view porn as another way of cheating, we talked alot about it, so if he ever brought that vile, repulsive stuff into my home via the computer, tv, magazines or whatever, he knows that thats a deal breaker of the vows we took "to honor and respect".
    SarahShirey

Answer by SarahShirey at 6:20 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• No it's wrong. He's bringing other women into your bedroom. Have him call to get some help.

New life – 1800- 639-5433 or http://www.newlife.com/
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 6:29 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Make good choices you will reap good results. :) Praying for you.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 6:31 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• My husband did the same thing. He started when i was pregnant with my 3rd baby and lasted 5 or 6 years. he was obsessed with porn! It eventually replaced sex with me. I had to sit him down and explain to him how it made me feel when he would rather jerk off to porn than have sex with me. It took several of these conversations before he stopped looking a porn so much. He still does occassionally. But he has improved dramatically!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 7:30 PM on Dec. 2, 2008