3 years old won't let us see him in bath

Well my son is 3 he will be 4 in october; and we taught him Nobdy can touch your "Pee pee" or privates.

He totally got it to the point mommy and daddy can't give a bath or get him dressed; I LOL because the whole educating my child really backfired ;

I now have to run a shower and sit on the toilet while the current is closed [I wouldn't be dumb enough ot let a kid take a bath whit no supervision]

How do i get myself out this pickel?

Jersey_class

Asked by Jersey_class at 4:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My dd is the same age she will be 4 in November, but she will only let me help her in the shower DH is not allowed LOL. Maybe he'd be a little more comfortable with DH?
    CrazyMommy87

Answer by CrazyMommy87 at 4:30 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• You need to tell him no one shoudl touch your privates unless it is mommy or daddy washing you, or the doctor examining you, there s no way, he is washing himself good enough,, lol don't you just love it when they take it to the extreme?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 4:30 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Nope he wants nobody! He even says "No daddy nooo it's my peepee no look" LOL
    Jersey_class

Comment by Jersey_class (original poster) at 4:31 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• The fact my husband told him "You yell if someone hurts or touches you" does not make it better; he screams NOOO ITS MY PEEEPEE it's kinda traumatizing LOL I have to laugh because this WOULD happen to me
    Jersey_class

Comment by Jersey_class (original poster) at 4:32 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I see nothing wrong with him wanting privacy. Stay in the bathroom, with the curtain closed, give him a washcloth and explain to him how to thoroughly wash himself.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 4:37 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• He asked me "How come you have to wash me but daddy doesn't wash you" LOL oh my.
    Jersey_class

Comment by Jersey_class (original poster) at 4:38 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Because he's 3 and you're not.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 4:51 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I told him that because mommy is older and i can do it alone
    Jersey_class

Comment by Jersey_class (original poster) at 4:54 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Kids are a LOT smarter than we give them credit for. I'll add what I had to say to the kids I was teaching swim lessons to. I'd start talking with him outside of shower/bath time that Yes, you told him NOBODY should touch his private parts, but it IS ok for Mommy and Daddy to HELP him get himself clean in the shower/bath.

"My body belongs to ME. I have a RIGHT to be safe. If ANYONE makes me feel scared, uncomfortable or hurt I will yell STOP! and go tell an adult who will listen" (Here's where I'd ask the kids to tell me an adult who'd listen and point out Mom, Dad, Me, the teacher, the lifeguards, teachers at school, etc.) "I have a RIGHT to be safe. I deserve respect!"

IT was one of the MOST uncomfortable speeches I'd have to give to the kids, but I had proof that if I DID give it, and something happened to the kids they would be more likely to tell.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:56 PM on Apr. 20, 2011