Does your cat do this?

My kitty will follow me into the bathroom and, while I'm on the pot, does figure 8s around my ankles and will even jump into my lap. It's cute but it kinda gets annoying lol.

alinker

Asked by alinker at 4:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Pets

• My cat actually jumps behind me and balances on the seat with me then he stands up with his paws on my back and rubs his head on the back of my head. Yes, I not only do not get any privacy from my kids, but my animals are always there also :)
    Victoria_G

Answer by Victoria_G at 4:30 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• The cats I have right now will come in and hang out with me. My male has been known to jump up and try to lay across my shoulders. I had a cat when I was a kid that liked to sit in my lap when I was in the bathroom. Heck, I had a cat that liked to sit on my stomach when I was trying to take a bath. That was annoying.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 4:31 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• lol I would shoo her out but I keep the door open because I have an infant AND a toddler and need to keep out an ear for them.. and my toddler is starting to become interested in the potty so any exposure is good :)
    alinker

Comment by alinker (original poster) at 4:32 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Yep, it's normal. :)
    sandra1023

Answer by sandra1023 at 4:33 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• yES..LOL!~
    She also clings next to the toilet when my son is going potty now..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:36 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• It's the Captive Audience thing. No matter where my kids or cats are in the house as soon as I sit down They're ALL there bugging the hell out of me. One cat will hop up on the tank lid behind me, one will rub up against my knees, and the third cat will sit in the middle of the bathroom and stare at me. Meanwhile, my 4 year old will find that time to ask the DUMBEST questions from the open doorway ("Mommy" "WHAT??!?" "umm,,,umm,,,I love you").
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:01 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• My little girl does it all the time! She always follows me :) I love her to death so it never bothers me, until shes trying to see into the toilet while im on it HAHAHA :)
    AdrianzMommie

Answer by AdrianzMommie at 6:20 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• My cat does it all the time.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:47 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• LOL...animals can be so funny :) Yes..mine do that too..gets real irritating when they try to do it when I'm walking down the stairs,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:44 PM on Apr. 21, 2011