Call doctor or not? kinda tmi

ok, so for 2 days now i have had to go to the bathroom to wipe "down there" because i have been really wet. anyways last night i was having some cramping and i called my midwife "oncall" to ask if i needed to go to the ER and she didnt seem too worried and told me to just rest and drink fluids.. well i woke up this morning and my bed was wet under me in a rather large spot.. i called again and she said its possible i peed on myself.. are you f'in serious!!! well i kno i didnt pee on myself ( i have a couple times before but this is different) it didnt smell like pee at all! anyways, no contractions or anything just cramps, no bleeding or anything like that.. what should i do? i dont wanna go to the hospital if its nothing. im trying not to be worried about it but since this is my first i am not sure if my water broke or not. please give me some advice!

the sheets are dark blue so its hard to see.. sorry

1sttimemom2011

Asked by 1sttimemom2011 at 4:30 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• sounds to me like you could be leeking amniotic fluids. I personally would call the dr. or get a ck up. If this is what is happening it could cause problems with your baby/birth/or effects on baby after.
    TwinkleToes25

Answer by TwinkleToes25 at 4:33 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• You'd probably be cramping if your water broke, however you might have a tear in your placenta, I'd go to the ER just to be on the safe side. I would rather go in and find out it's nothing, than wait and it effect my baby.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:35 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• i have been cramping.
    1sttimemom2011

Comment by 1sttimemom2011 (original poster) at 4:37 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I'd go to the ER just to be safe. You could be leaking amniotic fluid.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:37 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I meant to say cramping a lot^
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:39 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• def go to the ER. something serious could be goin on and u wnt to get checked out ASAP!! Good luck
    Daph2387

Answer by Daph2387 at 4:39 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• ok.. thanks mamas! the only thing is my insurance wont cover ER visits unless my doctor/midwife oks them.. i dont know wat to do?? i dont have the money to go if there is nothing wrong.. :(
    1sttimemom2011

Comment by 1sttimemom2011 (original poster) at 4:40 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• i always just went in or called but mostly went in. i always said better safe then sorry.
    sailorwifey2909

Answer by sailorwifey2909 at 4:42 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Call ur Dr or midwife and say something is wrong and to please ok the Dr visit cause you are cramping and very concered. I'm sure they will then go GL!!
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 4:42 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• typically if your water broke it will continue to leak as you walk. You may have a leak in your sac which would cause a small but continues drainage. I would call you L&D and ask them to check you. I would not put this off your baby could have problems if the water level is too low.

Good Luck!!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 4:43 PM on Apr. 20, 2011