how do u let happiness in

its like i have been unhappy for so long that when this great man is tryna make me happy i dont trust it or i feel that it is fake. i really dont want to run him away because i know he is trying but i cant let go of my past hurt.

Faia

Asked by Faia at 5:44 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• It's my understanding that we don't let it in bc we think we don't deserve it. You will have to train your brain to think differently by repeatedly telling yourself you deserve happiness then that will allow yourself to believe that you do deserve happiness. If you think it, it will happen.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:07 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Happiness comes from within. You MUST find your own happiness, and not rely on anyone to make you happy. Truth be told, no one can make you happy. Look inside yourself and figure out why you are so unhappy and how you can learn to let go of the hurt and learn to be happy again.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 5:46 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• i am going thru the exact same thing. i left my xh almost a year b4 i started dating again. i am now dating a wonderfull man...he is soo sweet and patient and understanding. treats me like a queen..and adores my kids...but when we first started dating i was like ok what is the catch...i was unintentionally hold what my xh did against my new so. it is soo hard to let go and let your gaurd down i really truely know. but if he is a s good as u say he is he will be patient. it takes time to mend a heart. i tried to give myself enough time to heal. i wanted to rediscover myself and who i was as an individual again.
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 5:56 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• cont..
    but then i met my so...and i wasnt going to go out with him i had knwn him for a few months b4 we actually did go out. what made me start to trust him was.. we almost had sex and i didnt want to...he was like it is ok. he said i want to but i can tell your not ready and that is ok i will wait. and there are other things as well...like he wanted to move in with me..i was not ready..he said the same thing that he would wait. that was a while ago...and the other day i gave him a key so he could come and go as he pleased but not move in just yet..and he kept saying r u sure. i said ya..he said cuz if your not ready that is ok..u dont have to do this. all it takes is time and patients...
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 5:59 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• cont..

kinda like that guns and roses song "patience"

lol
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 6:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2008