How did you potty train you little boy?

I want to startsmile mini potty training my son, he is 18 months old and I dont know where to start. I have a girl but its different. Help please and Thank You :o)

mrs.keen

Asked by mrs.keen at 4:40 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I had the nanny do it. I told my hubby if I had to do it the boy would be learning to sit down to pee.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:41 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• We put cherrios in the potty and he aimed for them. !8 months is really early for potty training a boy in my opinion. www.pull-ups.com has some really helpful tools for potty training, including the signs of readiness.
    lovinlifewith5

Answer by lovinlifewith5 at 4:45 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• 18 months typically is early for a lot of children in general. However, introducing them to the potty and getting the idea into their head that early can be a vital step into getting him trained. I suggest that you go ahead and try. If he's not ready or not willing that's okay, but introducing him to it is important.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:47 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Thanks, I know I will be traiing him to sit down cause they really dont know how to hold it this young...he has pooped in the potty but holds his pee...lol
    mrs.keen

Comment by mrs.keen (original poster) at 4:47 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I had a similar problem with my boy. He began to get contipated because he just wouldnt go at all. I began to sit him down after giving him liquids and when he finally went pee, I would make sure to make a big deal out of it by saying "yay, you did it!!!!!!!!" so that he would know what potty time meant. It worked for me and he was potty trained with in a couple weeks.
    MommyofBandG

Answer by MommyofBandG at 4:53 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Try putting Cherios in the potty. Tell him to aim for the Cherios. Make a game out of it. Give him prizes when he does it and when he doesn't, don't give him any and tell him he will get a prize whenever he gets the Cherios!
    Madalynnsmom238

Answer by Madalynnsmom238 at 5:23 PM on Apr. 20, 2011