This is so random, but what is my daughter supposed to wear to be a weather reporter? lol!

My daughter is supposed to be a weather reporter in a school play tonight! I'm not sure what she should wear! It's not like she has a pant suit lying around or anything! She doesn't seem to have anything appropriate to wear and the play is in 3 hours! I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier...

winkie_pinkie

Asked by winkie_pinkie at 5:45 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• Have her wear a pair of dress pants (khaki's maybe) and a cute top or sweater. That's good enough. What do you mean she doesn't have a pant suit laying around??? LOL! jk
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 5:48 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Why does your daughter not own a pantsuit????LOL! Can you even find a pantsuit in that small of a size? Does she have a black skirt or tan maybe? Then you can just put a little cardigan to top it off? Something simple, but kind of dressy.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:13 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I guess I'm terrible! All she has are jeans and sweaters and shirts! And then lots of church dresses, but they don't look anything like what a weather reporter would wear! The only pair of kakhis that she has that still fit are corduroy... she's got a kakhi blazer, but nothing to match it! lol! Oh well, I don't guess it really matters and it's not like I would've gone out and spent much money on a new outfit even if I had thought about it earlier! I guess she could use a pair of kakhi's though! She had a cardigan set last year, but the sleeves are too short now, and all she has are pink skirts! Oh well! lol!
    winkie_pinkie

Answer by winkie_pinkie at 6:19 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I am going to go look the next time I go to walmart and see if they have little girl pantsuits just to satisfy my curiosity! Black pants? Even jeans would look cute with a khaki blazer if you have them. I freak out every year around picture time because my SS has no "nice" clothes that aren't really over the top dressy. You would think that I would plan around this, but no I don't
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:28 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I would say a nice sweater and nice pants if possible..
    Renee02

Answer by Renee02 at 7:33 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• a nice outfit, anything works, sweaters and pants, a casual dress... whatever she wants really just no jeans and tennis shoes, weather people dress differently .... it is pretty wide open.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:55 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Is she supposed to be a weather reporter sort of like the weather person on the evening news, or a weather reporter, like the people standing out in the storm, reporting live from the scene of the latest storm? Because if it's the evening news sort of thing, I would say have her wear one of her church dresses. If it's the out in the field, then I would have her wear jeans, a sweater, and a raincoat / nylon windbreaker and a hat..... maybe carry an umbrella....
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:58 PM on Dec. 3, 2008