Only spread the love to a certain ammount of children?

What are your thoughts? My DH and I were debating on having another baby (2 already) and one of the excuses he used was that he was afraid we wouldn't have enough love to give all of the children... well this is a question to all you moms with 2 or more kids... Do you think the more kids you have, the less love you give to each and everyone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• It comes naturally.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 4:58 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• they're all so DIFFERENT..... strengths and weakness's and also watching them interact together is pure joy. There's always enough love.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:58 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Thats a silly notion. I have 5 kids and I I would gladly jump in front of a moving truck for each of them. They are all my world. The love for your children is always there and unbreakable. Ask yourself this, did your love change or become divided when you had baby #2? For me I can handle a dozen kids and give them enough love and attention. Some people do not have that capability though. I believe the can love all their kids, but maybe cant handle more then a couple as far as stress, attention, and finances.

Answer by gemgem at 5:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• LOL that is so silly. You love each one of your kids differently because every child is different but its not usually a different amount. I think parents with more than one child are also a little more realistic and a little less materialistic as well. (Of course this is just MY observation and nothing more) But moms of multiple children tend to focus more on the quality of time spent together rather than giving great gifts or focusing souly on one child.
    Plus children who have siblings tend to get along with people better later on in life
    AND according to a man I knew once parents of only one child arent "really parents" because they miss out on sibling rivalry (He was referring to me because my son was an only child until he was six I just laughed)
    bottom line there are lots of good reasons to have more than one child but it really is a personal choice!
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 5:05 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Spreading love to a cerrain aount of children? I have two born the same day same year and 7 minutes apart and i love them both equally for many different reasons. If i had another I would love that child too for many different reasons. But that's not in the forseeable furture. Two is all I have and two is all I am going to ever have! It s what you want to see for your each if children as they all grow up differently.
    brieri

Answer by brieri at 5:07 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Absolutely not!! I never thought I was capable of so much love, I had three and I poured it thick on all of them.

Answer by older at 5:13 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• LOL Dh and I loe all 5 of our kids dearly, and God would not letyou have more if you couldnt love them all
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:55 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• There's no limits on love. I have 8 children and 1 grandchild myself. I love them all. They're different in so many ways and you can't help but love them. It's like someone else said, it comes naturally. Don't stop from having children because you're afraid you won't have enough love to go around, they're a precious gift from above. There will always be enough to go around.
    KileighR

Answer by KileighR at 2:50 AM on Apr. 24, 2011