Does anyone know of good Christmas presents to make? I like receiving home-made presents so much more because of the thought/time/LOVE that goes into them and want to find something special to make and give...?!

ryras_mommy

Asked by ryras_mommy at 5:46 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Holidays

• Try these sites:
    http://familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts/season/specialfeature/holiday_gifts_ms/
    http://fun.familyeducation.com/christmas/gifts/47484.html

Candy is always easy to make. You can do choclate or others with molds, a double boiler pan and some melts. If you use white melts you can get inventive and use food coloring to make christmas colors. You can also do homemade hot chocolate, fudge & cookies and put them in tins. I did ornaments this year and the kids helped. It was fun and easy to do.

Answer by gemgem at 5:50 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• i am making cookie baskets! yes, i buy the baskets at dollar stores and ill make peanut butter chip cookies.
    im making 10 baskets!
    i am also making picture frames and printing off pictures of my kids from my phone to the computer. One big professional picture will sit in the middle and the ones i printed off on photo paper 4 by 6, will go on the sides!
    im making 2 of those!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 5:51 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Cookies in a jar are good. My mother cans, and I bake, so we do gift baskets every year. Last year, we wrote poems for our mothers and we made plaques with them. One year, we made scrapbooks for all the family that is out of town.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Homemade gifts are the best!

Last year I used a simple "salt dough" recipe and made handprint plaques with my kids' handprints. We let them dry and gave one set (3 prints) to each family (within our family).

The year before I made coaster sets from Italian Tumbled tiles and used rubber stamps for the images.

The year before that we used a cement mixture and did the kids' footprints so everyone had an outdoor stepping stone with their footprints. We put glass pebbles in them too to make them pretty.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:44 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Oh and we've also made cookie jars...put all the ingredients for cookies (minus the wet ingredients of course) in a mason jar. Bought some fabric for the tops and tied them on with decorative ribbon. We attatched the instructions.

We also made hot chocolate cones last year. You take those pastry decorating bags and put 3 tbspns of hot choc powder, then add a layer of choc chips, then a layer of mini marshmallows. Tie the top with a ribbon. Then all they have to do is empty the bag into a cup of hot water and stir :)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:46 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I have made shirts using my child's hands and feet to make an angel or just their feet to make snowmen. I have also made a snowman scene on a rug using all our feet.  I have also made hand towels.

Sonshiner

Answer by Sonshiner at 7:44 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Baked goods! Everybody loves cookies and candies! I love all these other ideas people are posting!
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 9:09 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• making hooded sweatshirts i made some and everyone loved them. they keep you nice and toasty all winter long. i mean who doesnt like hoodies right?
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 2:35 PM on Dec. 3, 2008