For the ladies with larger breasts

When you wear a bra that actually fits (it's your size, good cut, etc.), how do your breasts look compared to an ill fitting bra? Are they perkier looking or what? I'm a 32FF and just ordered new bras (it's been about 2 years since I had one that REALLY fit right, and I've gone up two cup sizes since then, but down a band size), and I have no idea what to expect when I get them lol. Also, do they feel better? (Like no aching and the like.)

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 4:58 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• It just feels amazing...lol
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:00 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• What do you consider "big"? When I put on my band-aide bathing suite and squeeze real tight...I have a little...LOL! Seriously, I dont have any ..just regular size C..but I think a good fitting bra is important no matter what size you are. Both my daughters are DD and its impossible to find 32DD that are well fitting and beautiful at the same time,but I insist that they go for well fitting regardless of the looks. Its important to their breast health...dont you think?
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 5:06 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Wait, one that fits? Is there really such a thing for the well endowed that doesn't cost the same as a mortgage payment? Where and what brand?
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 5:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• the only time I wear an ill fitting bra is for Ren Faires, to achieve a more muffin top, wear one that fit the girls and your back will thank you
    firelites

Answer by firelites at 7:51 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• LOL well, I just forked over $103 for two bras :( Made me sad, but they're good quality and should fit, and are coming from a great company with awesome customer service. It was so much because I had to pay for international shipping, which was about $15 I think. I got mine from Bravissimo.com, because I've ordered from one of the other sites (like herroom.com or biggerbras.com or something like that) and it was soooo uncomfortable and shaped weird (think Madonna's cone bra, almost literally!).
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 5:18 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• For the first time since I was about 14, I found bras that fit me right at Cacique. They were a 38 F. The cut was perfect, shoulder straps comfortable, and I felt so much better....I had no idea how much discomfort my bras were causing me. I'm small around the ribs, (well I'm a little overweight, but my rib cage is small) and it seems that most bras in my cup size are too wide for me, and the cup will end up half way around and under my arm. Usually I can't even find a cup that actually fits me, It's pinching underneath, giving me four boobs on top, and the wire tears up my arm.

Unfortunately they recently changed the cut of my bra, and the cup is wider, I don't look as good, and it isn't as comfortable. I'm devastated. This is such a big thing for me that I came home and cried. I want to have breast reduction surgery.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 5:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• My boobs hurt if I wear a tight bra all day :( maybe its just mine LOL
    AdrianzMommie

Answer by AdrianzMommie at 5:56 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I wear a double H, and I have worn custom fitted bras since I was in my mid 20's from a shop in Dallas called the Maddox Shop. I have absolutely no back problems and I can definately tell if my bra is not fitting correctly, all I do is go back in and they will refitt free of charge. The bras are only $32 each. I got more expensive, worse fitting bras from Macy's and Dillard's in the past. I will stick to the Maddox Shop. The bras last forever too
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 7:57 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I wear a similar size. With a good fit, my boobs are perkier, and my bra feels more comfortable. It's worth the extra cash to get a good fit, I think it makes my whole figure look better...more youthful. I gave up on mail order and internet buying. I go to a lingerie shop and stry them on first. GL :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 10:32 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I gave up on mail order and internet buying. I go to a lingerie shop and stry them on first. GL :-)

I wish I could :( I've searched everwhere around here and can't find a lingerie shop that stocks my size (I've looked up to 3 hours away in every direction). It really sucks living in the middle of nowhere (think Wrong Turn/Deliverance, but with a Walmart).
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 10:49 PM on Apr. 20, 2011