is it normal to be scared about having your first child?

bornangel

Asked by bornangel at 2:20 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• absolutely. it is a major life-changing event
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 3:36 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• yes - its very normal. its life changing and this baby is going to depend on you for everything - but chances are you will do fine and be a good mommy.
    I remember bringing my dd home from the hospital - i just started bawling and begging my mom to stay the night cause i thought i would fall asleep and she would die! my mom knew better and left - we were all fine and if she had stayed i think i would have used her as a crutch.
    all is well and we are 2 weeks from 3rd bday!
    congrats and good luck!
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 3:41 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Yes. There are so many unknowns. I was scared about the pain of childbirth. I was also scared about how I was going to raise a baby. I have never been around babies that much so I didn't know how you feed them or change them or entertain them. It is unbelievable how you have insticts for things that you have never experienced. You learn as you go. You will be fine!

http://1sttimeparents-whatdowedonow.blogspot.com
    NoJo

Answer by NoJo at 4:47 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Most definately!!!!! My mother tells a story about when she came home with me, she was terrified I was going to deflate like a balloon from my belly button. It's a big life change and any change is scary!
    misty1_sd

Answer by misty1_sd at 8:03 PM on Jul. 10, 2008