How do I clean my micro fiber couch? No info underneath....

How do I clean my couch! It is microfiber but that is all I know...so is that okay? I made the mistake of getting a light tan color...and I have a seven year old....any ideas?

Kyrielou

Asked by Kyrielou at 5:11 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Woolite upholstery shampoo. It sprays on and you vacuum it after it dries

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:16 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• On my light tan microfiber couch I would use Mean Green and a microfiber cloths.... It even removed a sharpie drawing on my couch that my at the time 4 year old had done,lol...So yeah I totally trust this...They are great to clean the carpet or seats if you have cloth in your car! Hope this helps you!!
    Coltons_Mommie

Answer by Coltons_Mommie at 5:39 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I use a product called Krud Kutter. It's sold just about everywhere - Walmart, Home Depot, Lowe's, etc. I spray the cushions and couch with it, let it sit a few minutes, then take a bucket of warm water and a rag and wipe it clean. After it dries whatever stains there are, are gone.

You can also get it scotch-guarded after you get it cleaned so that clean up is easier in the future. I've had my light tan microfiber couch and loveseat since my oldest was 2 - I now have a 9 year old and 6 year old and they still look new after cleaning.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:59 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I use any old upholstery shampoo on my tan microfiber chair. It has always worked just fine.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I used soap (dawn dish) and water with a micro towel for arms. I pulled off seat cushion covers and threw in washing machine.
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 8:32 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Not sure, everyone I know that had microfiber is not too happy with it.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:30 PM on Apr. 20, 2011