Ok, ladies...when in the GYN office, do you hurry and take off your clothes, and throw on the gown lol..or take your time? adult content

I was in the GYN office today, and I noticed how quickly I throw on the gown lol. Its like a race for time...as if the Dr. is going to come in at any minute. So I rip off my clothes, throw on the gown...fold up my clothes neatly, jump on the bed and put the sheet on. Does anyone else do that? Also...Another question. Do you feel weird when the doctor is checking you and asking questions, like small talk? I think it helps a bit...but I am just thinking in the back of my mind, OMG hurry up. ;)

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 5:13 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• omg rush you never know when your gonna be caught in the nude
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 5:33 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I do it quickly too, just incase I hear that knock on the door sooner rather than later..... :)
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• O, and my dr doesn't say much. She normally asks how much I hate it, and then she is done. She told me once, that she has been on both sides, so she tries to do it as quickly as possible...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:16 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I do it quickly too, don't want anyone to barge in on me while I am doing it. I never feel weird even though my gynecologist is an old time friend of many years, he makes me relax with all his jokes and I don't even notice what he is doing!

Answer by older at 5:16 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I take my sweet time and fold my clothes as they come off. it takes them forever to come in anyway, no point in being bored after rushing through getting naked. I've had where they don't want to have me strip and then decide that it might be a good idea to check something... and then leave the room for like 20 mins before coming back! nope. I will take my time. also, I could really care less if the doc is seeing me starkers. I'd even prefer she stay in there and I'll quickly get undressed so that she can just do what needs to be done. small talk is no big deal for me either. LOL
    MumsTheWord571

Answer by MumsTheWord571 at 5:21 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• i dont "take my time", but i also dont care if she walks in on me. i mean, she is about to look at it anyway. haha. i could skip the small talk. it is weird. but whatever. it is always over pretty fast.
    DRM0329

Answer by DRM0329 at 5:23 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• lol....nice to know I am not the only one who is speed racer in the room. I actually was with good timing, she knocked right after I jumped on the table ;) And its always a knock, and just comes in.
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 5:23 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I do it quickly thinking that there's a chance the doctor might barge in while I'm standing there completely naked. Of course, it shouldn't matter, but it does! LOL Thankfully no small talk. He just tells me ahead of time what he's going to do.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 5:25 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I always rush, but let's face it, I rush at home too. I guess that jr high changing room trained me. I hated it in there, and I learned I could change clothes in 1 minute, 2 max, then I'd be out and free!

The small talk doesn't bother me. It's seldom I get a chance to talk to an adult, and he likes the same books I do! So that's something to look forward to.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 5:40 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• lmao...at some of your answers!
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 5:41 PM on Apr. 20, 2011