What are some good ways to keep a 14 month old entertained?

She doesn't watch t.v.. She get's bored with music after a while. She loves our dog but even Marley gets tired sometimes. Anything I can do to keep Madalynn entertained for a bit to get the dishes, laundry, whatever done?

Madalynnsmom238

Asked by Madalynnsmom238 at 5:21 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my oldestand i used to parade around the house together (she was going through separation anxiety at this time) and sing songs and make noise- if you and your neighbors can tolerate the noise- we'd clap our hands and shake pur butts while I sang nursery rhymes or whichever dongs popped into my head. Eventually she would start jamming out on her own if we were together in the kitchen or the laundry room and my hands were busy.
    Jaliceawrites

Answer by Jaliceawrites at 5:37 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• My 2 year old loves "helping for the laundry" lol and I got him non-toxic finger paints that are clear but if put on special paper they turn colors. He loves it.
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 5:47 PM on Apr. 20, 2011