How many people are on lithium?

I'm on lithium doing ok but level is while low. don't know what to do about it. It is scaring me because my moods been up and down.

kittycat813

Asked by kittycat813 at 5:21 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Health

• My husband was on it before we married. I checked his other meds and found he was taking some that could cause problems if taken together. Please check all meds before taking. I got him off it because it had to many side affects.
    irememberwhen59

Answer by irememberwhen59 at 5:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• see your dr. soon
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 5:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• i would agree, see your dr...
    asil

Answer by asil at 9:12 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• See your doc for him to adjust the dosage if your bloodwork shows your levels are low. How come he didn't adjust them already if they are low? I have been on lithium for 11 years. I have my levels checked every 6 months. It took about a year for my doctor to get my levels consistent but they have remained at a therapeutic level ever since.
    It is a wonderful, tried and true older medication. It just takes being diligent and making sure you and your doctor are communicating well.
    My advice for what its worth too... If you take a morning and evening dose but find your morning dose makes you tired and foggy headed all day... Take them both at night. Your levels will settle into your system regardless of when you take them plus you will be able to be more alert during the day if you were having issues before.
    My doctor told me that years ago and it made such a big difference for me.

Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 4:32 AM on Apr. 21, 2011