Should I be concerned?

My 13 yr old son just came home from school and told me his science teacher paired all the kids up in homosexual couples cuz they are learning about cell reproduction..To me this has nothing to do with the lesson nor should this have happened. I'm confused idk whether to be angry or concerned and call the school.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Maybe he meant they were pair boy to boy and girl to girl and the kids joked that it was homosexual couples. I highly doubt the teacher labeled it as such.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:33 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• What does cell reproduction have to do with teaming up as homosexual groups? Does he mean boys with boys and girls with girls? Or are they "pretending" to be a "couple". If it is just teaming up with the same sex then it is probably to keep embarassment down. Maybe you son is just feeling its "gay" (the new cool word NOT) to have to be paired with a boy. Ask more questions.
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 5:35 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• i dont really see anything wrong with it. if the teacher said that he probably just meant same sex couples and did not think of it like you are. i would just let it go but if he said anything else weird like that i would request a teacher conference and figure out what is going on
    newlife627

Answer by newlife627 at 5:36 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Maybe a type of joke but none the less I'd prefer for it to be said in a different manner myself. Are you sure the teacher said it or was it your son joking around?
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 5:36 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• no he referred to it as homo
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:37 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• no he's not kidding he's serious
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:38 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I'm sure the teacher has a point and your son just missed it, lol If it concerns you that much call the teacher & ask him about it. Tell him your son doesn't understand, so maybe he needs to explain the project a little better.
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 5:38 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I find this stupid I may email the teacher though adn find out what the hell is going on.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:39 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Yeah, just ask the teacher. Maybe he has an excellent explanation.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:48 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• You should always raise any concerns you have with the school, if only for your own peace of mind .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 7:03 PM on Apr. 20, 2011