Quilts

does anyone know of a place where i could have someone sew a quilt together for me?background: I cannot sew.. my grandfather passed away and i was given all his favorite shirts.. i wanna put together a memory quilt for my grandma but cannot sew.. anyone know where i could take the squares and get a quilt made?

1sttimemom2011

Asked by 1sttimemom2011 at 5:44 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• check the local quilting clubs in town and with the local chruches to see if anyone can help you.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 5:46 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• If you have a Joann's Fabrics in your area, they might be able to give you the name of someone that might be able to do it.
    admiring_u_14

Answer by admiring_u_14 at 5:48 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• depending where your loacated and how soon you would like it complete Id be open to do it for you of course I do need to charge because it is time consuming and I work from home but im very reasonable we can talk via email & as for materials you could mail me depending where ur located maybe drop of pick up, and other materials involved I could get you a item list of what I need and send you receipts... I guess I could set it up for you on ebay as a sale so were both covered?

Jamie
    Ihold8Stars

Answer by Ihold8Stars at 5:53 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Most Quilt shops have samples on display of work from local quilters. They can also advise you as to a reasonable fee for the work you're planning to have done, and recommend quilters in your area whose work they are familiar with. GL with your project, it sounds like a wonderful idea. :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 2:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Just to add, be prepared for it to cost a lot more than you expect. Quilting is extremely time consuming, so it costs quite a bit to get a quilt made custom for you.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 6:24 PM on Apr. 22, 2011