My daughter is graduating from high school in May 2009. Yeah Baby! Anyway, do you think it is bad taste for me, the mother, to sing at the graduation party. I would sing "Super Woman" By Alicia Keys.

notlott37

Asked by notlott37 at 6:01 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Entertainment

• if you can actually sing.. means, if you have the voice to sing a song by alicia keys, then i think your daughter would love it. I would be proud of my mom. But if your voice sucks, then you will probably embaress her :-/
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:04 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I think it's a cute idea but I don't know if your daughter would be embarassed if she isn't the type that's embarassed by things like that go for it cause it's not a bad idea.
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 6:04 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• lmao that depends on if you can sing well lol
    be careful not to steal her thunder.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 6:06 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• i woulda been embarrassed if it were my mom on my graduation...but that was how i was back then. if you got the voice, and your daughter says it's fine (and not saying it like "whatever mom, it's fine") then i don't see a problem with it. i say ask your daughter about it first.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:11 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I personally wouldnt do it. I would ask her what she wants. When my friends dd graduated she made her a collage of her times before graduation, from kindergarten on and put a really nice poem with it.
    Anonymous

• If you're daughter is cool with that, then great! Make it an unforgettable graduation!
    Avon_Calling

Answer by Avon_Calling at 8:19 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• i agree with Avon, if your daughter is fine with it, why not? BTW I think that is soo sweet :)
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 10:38 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• i would have died if my mom did that........... depends onyour relationship i guess... i would have honestly left the party
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:35 AM on Dec. 3, 2008