Can or frozen or Fresh Veggies and fruit?

i used to use can veggies when i lived in the apartment with my husband and our son who is now 3. We got a house and i buy the food.
I tried frozen veggies and looked at the back on the nutrition of both. It seems like frozen is best. But fresh is better for u.
I do buy frozen Veggies like Broccoli, peas, Green beans and spinach and corn and mixed veggies. I also buy fresh veggies like Asparagus and carrots that i make.
As for fruit i buy only Bandanna's, strawberries, and blueberries. The others i buy prepackaged that have dipping like Apples.
What do u ladies use in your household and if u have recepies i can make with fresh veggies that would be great

2boysyahoo.com

Asked by 2boysyahoo.com at 6:13 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Fresh is first choice, then frozen. I refuse to buy canned.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 6:16 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Fresh for fruit and most veggies(I try to buy stuff "in" season) and some frozen stuff
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 6:29 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• i actually use both, fruit in a can last longer such a pineapples, pears,etc. but there is nothing wrong with any of the decisions
    Chunky_Dynamic

Answer by Chunky_Dynamic at 6:40 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I buy as much fresh as I can, or grow it myself in the summer. Frozen is just as nutritious as fresh, and I get that when I need to - I freeze what I can out of my garden. We've managed to get almost completely away from store bought canned stuff. We can some of our own veggies at home and try to do more and more every year. I do not buy pre-cut produce unless you count the bagged salads once in a great while. We go through too many apples, for one example, for me to buy the bags of slices, and definitley not with dip.
    Anonymous

• I try to buy fresh or frozen but I do stock up on canned as well just because.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 9:33 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• fresh when we can get it and frozen when we can't.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 10:42 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Fresh, frozen then canned. Frozen is picked at the peak of freshness and flash frozen immediately so it's like getting fresh.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:46 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• frozen is better than canned, in my opinion.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 10:54 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Mostly fresh, but once on a while it's frozen. Hardly ever canned.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 11:39 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• i like to use canned, frozen or fresh i like them all
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 8:47 AM on Apr. 21, 2011