Would you be pissed?

I picked up SO's son from school today and he says, 'It's almost the end of the week, if I don't get any pink or yellows, I get $100.' His dad told him that if he didn't get in trouble at school, or if he actually went a week without messing up on his homework that he would give him $100! We don't have money to just be throwing away like that, I'm 28 weeks pregnant, and we have NO baby stuff, we got a red light ticket which will cost $500 before we can even fight it, we have my daughters birthday party next week, and are trying to save so that we can get a new car by the time the baby is here. I'm pissed because his dad didn't say anything to me about it, and I think it's bullshit...am I being hormonal, or would you be pissed too?

kyuteangl88

Asked by kyuteangl88 at 6:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• I would be pissed. give your a hubby a slap to the back of the head for me will ya? Good luck with that one.
    Anonymous

• Talk to your husband and see if he really intends to give this money to his son if it can be given over time, instead of all at once.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I would be mad too, but it also makes me wonder if Dad said that because the kid has a history of getting in trouble at school and didn't think he would have to follow through.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 6:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Way too much to be giving to a kid! I don't think it teaches the right thing at all.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 6:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• if its something you didn't know about, then yes, you have the right. especially if you're having financial problems.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 6:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• bribing a child to behave in school?? *cue Marge Simpson groan here*

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:18 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Just ask your DH if it is true what his DS said is true.

Answer by louise2 at 6:19 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I think that is kinda steep to give a child just to be good at school. To be that is bribing the child to be good. The child should be good and do good on their school work without being paid to do so. Giving $10 or $20 for making good grades on their report card is a different story. I dont think you are out of line. I would be upset about it too.
    tgeary

Answer by tgeary at 6:20 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Whew, thanks ladies! I thought I was being hormonal, but the more and more I thought about it, the more pissed I got!
    kyuteangl88

Comment by kyuteangl88 (original poster) at 6:21 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I would be pissed! I'd ask him first if it was true, maybe his dad didn't think he could go that long without getting in trouble!
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 6:22 PM on Apr. 20, 2011