Trying to limit coffee intake while prego but...

SO tired!! What else can I do aobut 2:30pm I wanna sleep for the rest of the day!!!

ktinaza

Asked by ktinaza at 6:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Okay...well...I read 8oz a day...no more, so that is what I do at most. I only have caffeine 3x a week or so...but I was also a new addict, within the past year. I mostly crave soda LOL
    Honestly, once you are past that first Trimester, it's not AS big a deal...but I would go easy. I find when I get dressed and moving, the momentum helps me tremendously.

Good luck!
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 10:27 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• you can have a few cups in a day, just not all in a row. if you had one cup in the morning, one cup in the afternoon will be fine. My Dr. told me i could have up to 4 cups of coffee in a day as long as it was not one right after the other. You have to space it out.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:16 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• vitamins?
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 6:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• i did not drink that much though...lol....i did drink 2 cups tops. I felt like i needed it sometimes...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• i have no advice to help you, but Good Luck to You! .. i miss my coffee still, but i just didnt even want it..(i stopped craving soon as i was pregnant, even before i knew i was.. guess the baby doesnt like coffee)
    jayme009

Answer by jayme009 at 6:47 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I missed my coffe during my pregnancies, but i was too sick to my stomach to drink it. I used to be able to take naps with my first pregnancy, but when i was pregnant with my other 3 boys i could not sleep as much because i had other children to care for and it is not very easy sometimes to put 3 boys down for a nap when pregnant with baby number 4. I feel like i have not had a good sleep since 2004 lol. I dont see anything wrong with drinking a few cups of coffe a day.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 7:04 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Yeah....I have tried to limit it, but too hard. I still drink too much caffeine.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 9:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Ok my Dr said I can have 2 cups a day too. THen my co-worker brought up march of dimes and it said it can double your chance of miscarring... so I don't know.
    ktinaza

Comment by ktinaza (original poster) at 10:22 AM on Apr. 21, 2011