Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help need legal advice

My SO does not qualify for a public defender here in Georgia. He had his kids taken away by DFCS but they have since (and quickly might I add, within 2 weeks) been returned to his care. Where can he get free or reduced legal help and is there anyone that may know what he is facing (as far as punishment). The actual charge is cruelty to children in the second degree. The mom is a dead beat and has very little to nothing to do with the kids and refused to help care for them. He was leaving them home alone while he worked (ages then 2, 10, and 11) and the home was nasty. Teh home was cleaned and has been kept clean since before the kids were returned and he also has reliable childcare. (Not sure where to post this)


Asked by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • Legal Aid, call the local courthouse, google it, or look in the phonebook, but legal aid is available anywhere.

    Answer by amazinggrace83 at 6:24 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

  • you can call the police station and tell that what your looking for .. They should be able to tell you.. Plus to find a free attorney.. U could call the courts and see if they have a list of attorneys.. Good luck.. Glad he got his kids back..

    Answer by AJMcGuire at 6:23 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

  • I don't have anything else to add, I'm just wondering why on Earth he left his kids at home alone?

    Answer by lovingmy4babies at 6:33 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

  • He said because he could not afford daycare and had no one to ask to help

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:35 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

  • You could try calling around to see if anyone would do any pro bono work- at this point it couldn't hurt to ask.

    Answer by skittles1108 at 7:43 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

Next question in General Parenting
How do you do it?

Next question overall (Relationships)
Flirtacious Facebook