•If you could have been told one thing that you weren't told when you were a teenager, what would you like to have heard?

Chunky_Dynamic

Asked by Chunky_Dynamic at 6:23 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Just for Fun

• You have TIME. Slow done & savior your young life. You have years to be a grown up! Don't rush it.
    Anonymous

• Someday you will be out of this house and be so happy and your parents will never be able to hurt you (physically) again. If I had known for sure things WOULD get better and I would be so happy someday then it would have got me through a lot of days.
    Anonymous

• That i am beautiful. it took a long time for me to learn that i am beautiful...if only someone told me when i was younger.

My sister was/is a model. She is tall, thin & as gorgeous as Angelina Jolie...so yeah....it sucked being her sister & hearing how beautiful she was all the time. She got all the attention because of her beauty.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:43 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• That I could say no
    Anonymous

• I wish my parents would've pushed college onto me or explained the importance of it. College was never really brought up.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 7:03 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• This is an easy question for me. I wish someone had told me that as soon as high school is over you are free to "reinvent" yourself. I was nerdy and unpopular with boys in high school. I didn't realize when I got to college that all of that was in my past and I didn't need to carry those labels with me anymore. It was decades before I heard that actual message given to younger people. While I eventually became a popular and attractive adult with a multitude of close friends, I wish I would have become this sooner!
    Whimsee

Answer by Whimsee at 7:12 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• "When you become a wife and mother you don't become a Stepford Wife. You'll still be you - quirky, sarcastic, imperfect you and that's the way it should be."

In other words, being domestic does not render you vapid.
    TikiWiki33

Answer by TikiWiki33 at 7:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• 1-what you think REALLY DOES MATTER! there will be people brought into your life that need to hear what you have to say, because you are deeper than you think, you are more interesting than you think, and you are one beautiful lady!
    2-your sisters won't always have the better end of the deal socially, they won't always be more popular.
    3-you will be sought after, longed for, appreciated, and loved by someone who can handle your temper, humor, sarcasm, wit and strength.
    4-one day, you'll know the joy in making your own life happen, rather than sitting around hoping and waiting for someone else to make it happen for you.

..i could go on all night....
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:24 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Stop worrying about the future and worry about today because the future won't exist if you don't live in the now
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 7:34 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I used to think about ending my life. It would've been good to know that I'm not the only one who has ever felt this way. It would've saved me years of grief. Now I know that there are support groups and a myriad of other ways to handle these dark thoughts.
    Anonymous