So tired...

my two month old never.wants. to be. put. down. Should i do anything about this? Its to the point that i sometime fall asleep holding her. Ive never dropped her and its only for a few seconds, but still.

Jaliceawrites

Asked by Jaliceawrites at 6:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well, if the baby is fed, dry, and isnt showing any signs of illness (rash, fever, discoloration) just let it cry for a while and leave the room. Im sure you know about SIDS. not that im impying youd do anything to the baby, but i have been in your shoes. just back off for a while, or call a relative or friend to come over so u can take a short nap. Also, the baby may need to be put down so it just gets used to it, my son was like this, also. I think i made it worse by always holding him, but eventually I gave up and let him cry it out and slowly but surely he stayed quieter for longer. :) Good luck!
    AdrianzMommie

Answer by AdrianzMommie at 6:29 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• can you put her in a swing or bouncer? My son was like that too and I hold him for a long time, but eventually it'll get better when he discover his fingers and other toys
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 6:35 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• What about using a sling/carrier to carry her around with you and have your arms free?
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:52 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Put her down & let her cry. We had a playroom for our daughter that was completely safe so I could put her down & not worry about her then go about cleaning or something.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 6:28 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Thank you for the answers. Its good to know im not the only one going through this.
    Jaliceawrites

Comment by Jaliceawrites (original poster) at 6:47 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• put her down and let her cry at first it will be hard but you will soon get over it
    baileyfamily

Answer by baileyfamily at 8:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Put her down she will cry but as long she is comfortable as far as fed and diaper changed thenj she will be ok
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 12:39 AM on Apr. 22, 2011