I look like I swallowed a tire...

I read in an article that doing situps etc.. doesnt help lose belly fat, it just tones the muscles in that area. Is there any excersised that have helped any of you lose fat around your midsection? I look like i swallowed a tire. It's depressing that my body chose to mainly and ONLY store fat around my waist!

AdrianzMommie

Asked by AdrianzMommie at 6:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• you will have to do cardio if you want that belly fat gone. Start walking every day for at least 1/2 an hour. You'll notice a difference & you'll lose even MORE fat if you watch what you're eating.

Once you lose a few lbs, walk for longer....like 45 min.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:28 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• You have to eat right and exercise, period. That's the ONLY way to lose the weight. You can't spot-lose fat. It will come from everywhere. But that's the first step. You should be doing both cardio and strength training. Building lean muscle will boost your metabolism, which means you burn more calories every day. That leads to more fat loss. Food intake is about 80% of the equation. Try keeping a food journal, and enter it into a calorie counter like sparkpeople.com. It might be a good wakeup call.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:54 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Yup, cardio is the answer.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• THANKS LADIES :)
    AdrianzMommie

Comment by AdrianzMommie (original poster) at 6:32 PM on Apr. 22, 2011