Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So angry i could scream. again

So sunday night a drunk woman hit my car at 2am. Today is Wednesday and the adjuster for her insurance is dragging his stupid feet. They can't seem to get us a rental and want to write it off as a total loss even though it was just the passenger side doors, tires and rims. I'm just so angry i am going to explode. Being 6 1/2 months pregnant, with a toddler and a husband who has an interview on Friday but no way to get there, i need to do something. Does any one have an suggestions as to how to deal with this stupid insurance company?

(didn't know where else to post and sorry its more of a rant then a question)

Answer Question

Asked by prettypaper at 6:59 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Money & Work

Level 12 (750 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • Call your insurance guy and demand they help speed things along. That is what you pay your guy for, to make sure the other company does what it needs too.

    Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

  • Keep calling the insurance company and demand that they give/allow/get you a rental NOW! Don't take no for an answer, don't let them jerk you around. You need a vehicle TODAY.

    Answer by meooma at 7:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

  • I would call your insurance agent and have them step in on your behalf...also you can attempt to take the person to court civilly...but that will take FOREVER! I am not sure what state you are in but in Michigan I guess if it is a liability claim (aka someone hit you) you are entitled to a rental car...I also understand your frustration...I was at a friends house and he accidentally backed into my car and even though we are both working to get my car fixed it is taking over a month...although mine is drive able. Best of luck!


    Answer by michcous at 7:05 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

  • Call your insurance company. Then file a complaint with the better business bureau.

    Answer by k.raine at 7:11 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

  • Go to the phone book to Attorney and look up a Attorney that would take your case on a pay only if he wins the case. If I was your husband I would get a early start walking to that job interview. He is lucky to be getting a job interview in these times of unemployment.


    Answer by Glo402813 at 10:43 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

  • My husband can't walk to that interview. The interview is in their main office, which is up north past seattle. (we live down in tacoma/puyallup) Thats an hour and a half by car

    Comment by prettypaper (original poster) at 11:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

  • I agree, get an Attorney because they could be screwing with your time and your money! I will get you a cheap lawyer that is one of the best. Contact me now before I go to bed!

    Answer by kbishop8688 at 11:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

  • call your own insurance to at least get a rental and have them bill it back to her insurance for it. at least you will have a vehicle. then see what you can do about either getting your car fixed by them or having them declare it a total loss but see if they can give you extra money for a down payment for another car.

    Answer by lucky35 at 2:53 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

  • Let your insurance company handle it

    Answer by rkoloms at 10:48 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Money & Work
Extreme couponing,,,,,,,,

Next question overall (Health)
Lump near my Urethra! adult content