Melanoma?

DH has been diagnosed with melanoma. He had a Clark level 4 mole removed 2 wks ago. We saw the oncologist today and she has ordered a PET scan for Monday to see if it has spread to other organs. I want to hear from anyone that has dealt with this disease. I need to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly. I have a feeling life is about to get very bumpy and I'd like to be as prepared as possible. Thanks for any and all help!

msm67

Asked by msm67 at 7:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Health

• You are in my prayers. My grandmother was just diagnosed a couple weeks ago.
    tgeary

Answer by tgeary at 7:19 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• you have nothing to fear but fear itself with cancer, if its still early, than it can be removes w/o radiation treatment or chemo. Best of luck and you guys can fight this cellular mutation of genes. ( cancer isn't genetic, genes control the enzymes that tell the cells to undergo mitosis and to stop mitosis)
    blisteredrower

Answer by blisteredrower at 7:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• i've never dealt with it, but good luck mama!
    asil

Answer by asil at 8:04 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• i hope everything turns out okay. take care!
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 3:38 AM on Apr. 21, 2011