Homesick...

I just moved out of state for the first time, we are all home sick. How do you deal with being homesick? For Moms and kids... 10 and 2 years

dez92408

Asked by dez92408 at 7:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Health

• Kids often feed off of you. They need to see that mom is okay. So that they are okay. Go explore your new digs. Find fun things to do.
    momto1girl3boys

Answer by momto1girl3boys at 7:19 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I just got out there & found friends. I moved while I was preggo away from home we actually just moved back home its been 3years & I am so happy. But I was active in our old community even ran the local playgroup, so basically kept my mind busy.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 7:19 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I just moved too, trying to integrate myself into my new community.
    mommastewart81

Answer by mommastewart81 at 7:21 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I don't know, I've been homesick for the past 10 years. If you can figure it out, please send me a PM.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 7:21 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• It takes time. Go to the story hour at your local library. Try meetup.com for moms groups and play groups plus things that interest your 10 year old. Go the visitors' center or chamber of commerce for info if your town has one. I wish you all the best. hug
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:23 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• When I moved out of state the first time, it wasn't too bad, because I moved from CA to KY, where I had aunts I was very close to. I didn't feel quite so homesick there, but when I did, I just called mom and we talked. Now I'm in MA, no family (except DH and DD), had to make new friends. I get terribly homesick a lot more often, and not just for CA, but for KY too. So, I call more often. I talk to my aunt every other day, my mom or sister at least once a week. And I try to stay busy with the friends and family I do have here. I make sure DD talks to family regularly too. It's tough being so far from home.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 7:44 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• skype, call home... look at pictures, or make NEW routines and rituals... i moved 2 states away, then found out i was preggers... it took me making my own "rituals" to get over the homesickness.. i walked the mall or park, got my hair done, etc... once you find new things you like, youll find it a bit easier.
    asil

Answer by asil at 8:03 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I'm going through it too. I'm from CA and moved to MN. I am desperately homesick. I want to go home so bad. I've become good friends with my neighbor, and its making it easier. I call home everyday.
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 9:39 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• i'm not sure. it must be hard! i'm guessing it will take TIME to get used to your new home.
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 3:36 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• keep in touch through e-mail, facebook, phone calls, and skype!
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 3:37 AM on Apr. 21, 2011